How to find us
Perfect Location for South Wales ¢ Easy To Get To ¢ Loads of Attractions
Our cottages enjoy an idyllic location slap bang in the middle of South Wales, are easy to get to and perfect for loads of attractions – 10 miles to Brecon Beacons ¢ 15 miles to Gower Peninsula ¢ easy day trips to Pembrokeshire Coast (an hour away)
Our postcode for your SatNav / route planning is SA8 3JQ.
Directions From London and the South of England
The M4 from London makes the most dramatic entry into Wales. The Second Severn Crossing rises high over the mudflats, passing Chepstow, Newport and Cardiff before sweeping past the sand dunes and the Port Talbot steel works en route to to Swansea and the west. We are located 6 miles from J45 of M4 motorway, as it sweeps past the southern edge of the Swansea Valley. Simply,
- Leave the M4 motorway at Junction 45, taking the A4067 to Pontardawe
- Upon reaching Pontardawe, take the A474 towards Neath
- After about 1 mile, take the left turn-off signposted “Cilybebyll”
- On reaching T-Junction, go straight across into farm cottage drive
Directions From the Midlands and the North of England
Our suggested route for visitors from the Midlands and North is via the M50 “Ross Spur”, a quiet motorway off the M5 south of Worcester, meeting the A449 dual carriageway at Ross-on-Wye. The road continues south before dividing at Raglan. Here you have a choice:
- Take the quick A40 towards Brecon. Shortly before reaching Abergavenny, take the A465 “Heads of the Valleys” dual carriageway towards Merthyr Tydfil. This road has a lot of roundabouts but offers good views of a wild, bleak and barren valleys landscape, dotted with the industrial mining villages of days gone by. The A465 will eventually turn south and follow the beautifully wooded Vale of Neath (‘Waterfall Country’). At Neath take the A474 towards Pontardawe. After about 5 miles, you will arrive at a village called Rhos. Take a right turn, signposted “Cilybebyll”, opposite the post office. After about 1 mile you will reach a cross roads. Turn right between the white gateposts onto the farm drive.
- Alternatively, at Raglan one could continue on the A449 down to Newport and join the M4. From here you can follow the directions as if you were traveling from London (see above). This route contains more motorway and less roundabouts but is slightly longer in distance and less interesting.
Distance from Cottages (shortest route by road)
- Birmingham 153 miles | 2 hours 42 mins | M5 and M4
- Bristol 83 miles | 1 hour 28 mins | M4
- Exeter 152 miles | 2 hours 37 mins | M4 and M5
- London 191 miles | 3 hours 20 mins | M4
- Manchester 230 miles | 4 hours 4 mins | M6, M5 and M4
- Norwich 312 miles | 5 hours 38 mins | M4
- Reading 149 miles | 2 hours 36 mins | M4
- Southampton 175 miles | 3 hours 9 mins | M4