Nant Y Plas – luxury riverside holiday cottage for couples
Sleeps 2 – Prices and Availability
Nant y Plas riverside holiday cottage is the latest addition to our collection of unique holiday cottages and will be sure to delight. Peaceful and picturesque, this one bed cottage sits alongside the river Clydach whose sparlking waters flow past a stunning glass fronted patio garden- a wonderful place to relax, read a book and enjoy spotting wildlife such as wild trout and grey wagtails.
The interior unites traditional and modern, with exposed stonework, calm, neutral colours coupled with luxurious furnishings, statement lighting and a contemporary kitchen. The gigantic roll top Victorian cast iron bath, originally from the Plas Manor house, has been meticulously restored and now takes pride of place in this cottage. And if baths are not your thing, there is a luxurious walk-in rainforest shower for good measure. The cottage is all on ground level making it suitable for those with limited mobility.
If waterside holiday cottages are your thing then you will be in your element at this cottage, once an outbuilding where animals fed on the home farm of the Plas Cilybebyll estate. The cottage is surrounded by natural beauty and there are many different walks to do including our very own farm trail. This circular walks will take you from your waterside accommodation through the woods and up onto the hillside where the views of the surrounding countryside are great.
“a fairytale riverside holiday cottage”
A Riverside Holiday Cottage for Romantics
- Nant Y Plas is perfect for a romantic break. Birdsong, a babbling brook, the giant Victorian bathtub and wonderful sense of place are just some of the things that appeal to those seeking a romantic bolthole.
- The single level cottage has a stunning flagstone floor made from Welsh pennant sandstone. Underfloor heating is provided by renewable biomass energy.
- The front door opens to a stylish contemporary kitchen and cosy lounge area. The room features a dramatic wooden ceiling, statement industrial lighting and exposed sandstone stonework that preserve the historic character of a building that was once a feed shelter for farm animals.
- The kitchen has everything you will need – an electric cooker, a fridge, washer/dryer, microwave, dishwasher and basics such as milk, tea and coffee.
- The lounge is intimate yet has an open and airy feel with a door that opens to the cottage garden. Look out for coal fossils in the flower bed wall and historic coping stones that glisten myriad colours in the sunlight. Cast from copper slag, they tell of a bygone era when Swansea was the copper smelting capital of the world.
- The cottage garden consists of picketed lawn overlooking a riverside patio with bags of wow-factor. A long length of glass balustrade makes for wonderful wildlife spotting opportunities – a real highlight for guests .
- If you can tear yourself away from the patio, a path leads directly onto a self-guided farm walk where hours may be lost enjoying spectacular views over the surrounding countryside – the Bristol Channel and Devon to the south and Brecon Beacons National Park to the north.
- The much loved information folder is packed with suggested itineraries that will ensure you get the very best out of your stay in Wales. Nant Y Plas is situated at the very heart of South Wales.
- The accessible bathroom features a huge free-standing roll top bath that sits alongside an exposed sandstone wall. This contrasts beautifully with modern features such as a walk-in rainforest shower, a demister mirror, wall hung sink and stylish comfort height WC.
- The cottage features original artwork by local artists and a stunning print by eighteenth century landscape painter Paul Sandby – ten points if you can identify the location in the painting.
- The bedroom has a built in wardrobe, exposed beams, local artwork and a door that opens directly onto the riverside patio.
- The cottage features a smart HDTV, Freesat, DVD player, broadband, radio/CD player, and a selection of books, maps to borrow, cards and games.
- This cottage is very well suited to those with low mobility – it is all on one level and accessible to wheelchair users with assistance.
Accessible Holiday Cottage with Wet Room
Nant Y Plas is all on the ground level which helps make this accessible holiday cottage a great option if you are looking for disabled holiday cottages with wet rooms in wales. The wet room also features a walk in shower, comfort height WC and wall hung hand basin. The stone flooring is wheelchair friendly with doorways and corridors of suitable width.