Greatly enjoyed our second visit to Plas Farm. This time in Y Stabl - a lovely, well equipped cottage, in beautiful surroundings. We particularly enjoyed the birdsong and the sound of the stream, not forgetting the swallows and the jays. This is a perfect place. Looking forward to our next visit already!Roger, Anne & Rachel, UK
Y Stabl Self Catering Cottage
Sleeps 4 – Prices and Availability
Y Stabl self catering holiday cottage will appeal to romantics, with its log fire, four poster bed and fairytale streamside setting. Its elegant Georgian facade overlooks a courtyard fringed by giant beech trees and parkland.
This five star accommodation was originally built to house the horses and carriages that carried the landed gentry to and from the Plas Cilybebyll estate.
- Lots of space – ideal for a family
- Legendary tourist information folder with suggested itineraries (it even won an award!)
- Private lawn area with beautiful mountain stream
- Secluded peaceful location
- 24 hour supermarket, pubs and cafes minutes away
- Easy to reach from the major roads
- Loads to see and do
- Free WiFi network works inside cottage and on lawns.
Those who have discovered this charming Georgian coach house spend many happy days exploring the private countryside that surrounds this exceptional self catering cottage.
- Sit beneath the canopy of the giant beeches on the courtyard lawn to enjoy wonderful sunsets over the sheep grazed parkland (the lambs love to play in the evenings).
- Relax in the private back garden, listening to birdsong and the delightful sounds of the babbling brook which is home to wild trout, dippers and grey wagtails. A little gate and steps lead down into the stream if you fancy a paddle!
- If you fancy a walk, follow the waymarkers from your cottage, along the river and into a beautiful oak woodland. Unlike many self catering cottages, Y Stabl comes with over a hundred acres of private countryside.
Self Catering Cottage
- As you enter Y Stabl, you step into a beautiful farmhouse-style kitchen which looks out onto the back garden. The kitchen is well equipped with basics such as tea, coffee and milk. The oven and hob are electric. There is a fridge, washer/dryer and dishwasher. The dining table is oak and the worktops granite.
- The lounge is roomy and cosy with a door that opens to the back garden, enclosed by a picket fence and sitting on the bank of a beautiful mountain stream. The graden has a family-sized picnic table. This area is a real highlight of the accommodation – the banks of the stream are beautiful with bluebells, daffodils, hazel trees and rhododendrons all growing wild. You may spot wild trout in the stream and the heron sometimes pays a visit!
- The lounge is cosy with wooden flooring, a comfortable sofa and woodburning stove. A complimentary basket of chopped wood is provided. The famous information folder lives in the lounge and it’s a great place to plan your daytrips with a little help from our suggested itinereries – there is so much to see in South Wales.
- The downstairs toilet is in the corner of the hallway. An ironing board may be found beneath the stairs.
- Historic images of the estate in days gone by adorn the stairwell. At the top of the stairs a window overlooks the stream – it’s a great spot to watch for wild trout leaping out of the water. To the right is the bathroom which has a bath and over-bath shower.
- There are two bedrooms upstairs. The twin room has exposed beams and looks out at the courtyard lawn. The master bedroom has a romantic four-poster bed, exposed beams and has views of the old walled garden of the estate and the Plas Cilybebyll mansion house. The room is filled with light from an overhead skylight.
- Full viewing equipment is there for your enjoyment with flat screen HDTV, Freesat, DVD player, broadband, radio/CD player, plus a stock of DVDs,and a selection of books, maps to borrow, cards and games.
We've had such a lovely week, 2nd visit and will most definitely be returning. So glad we got to do the walk around the farm. Some lovely sites. Even the two teenagers appreciated the scenery. Great cottage with a welcoming atmosphere. Hot tub a real bonus! Had a very relaxing holiday. Many thanks.Mr & Mrs Whyte, Staffordshire
We first discovered Plas Farm in September 2020 and have stayed many times since. Whatever the season it is always such a pleasure to return. Ideally placed for days out to explore South Wales. Comfortable, immaculate, a real home from home. Thank you. We will definitely return.Wyn and Gill from Lancashire
A lovely stay. Enjoyed seeing the swallow chicks nesting in the doorway entry. Wonderful cottage with everything you need!The Chandrani Family from Surbiton